We describe the difference we want to make for heritage, people and communities through a set of outcomes. These outcomes reflect the full range of what we want to achieve and are drawn directly from our research into what HLF-funded projects have actually delivered.
All of our funding programmes expect projects to achieve one or more of these outcomes and you can find a description of each outcome by following the links below.
Outcomes for heritage
With our investment, heritage will be:
- better managed
- in better condition
- better interpreted and explained
- identified / recorded
View further details about Outcomes for heritage.
Outcomes for people
With our investment, people will have:
- developed skills
- learnt about heritage
- changed their attitudes and/or behaviour
- had an enjoyable experience
- volunteered time
View further details about Outcomes for people.
Outcomes for communities
With our investment:
- environmental impacts will be reduced
- more people and a wider range of people will have engaged with heritage
- your local area/community will be a better place to live, work or visit
- your local economy will be boosted
- your organisation will be more resilient
View further details about Outcomes for communities.