The Landscape Partnerships programme is for schemes led by partnerships of local, regional and national interests which aim to conserve areas of distinctive landscape character throughout the UK. You can apply for a grant from £100,000 to £3million.
You can read more about Landscape Partnerships in the application guidance. Your application will have a better chance of success if you read this thoroughly before you apply.
Please note that we have updated our application guidance. This includes new information about staff costs in Section 7: Project costs and applies to all first-round applications submitted from 6 December 2013 onwards.
Landscape Partnership schemes need to contribute towards all of the nine outcomes listed below.
Outcomes for heritage
With our investment, heritage will be:
- better managed
- in better condition
Outcomes for people
With our investment, people will have:
- developed skills
- learnt about heritage
- volunteered time
Outcomes for communities
With our investment:
- environmental impacts will be reduced
- more people and a wider range of people will have engaged with heritage
- your local area/community will be a better place to live, work or visit
Landscape Partnership applications go through a two-round process. This is so that you can apply at an early stage of planning your scheme and get an idea of whether you have a good chance of getting a grant before you send us your proposals in greater detail.
- First-round applications and all supporting documents need to be received by HLF no later than 12pm on 1 June 2015 for a decision in October 2015
- Your development phase can take up to 24 months, depending on the complexity of your scheme
- When we receive your second-round submission, we assess it in four months and then it goes to your local Committee for a decision. Local committees meet four times a year, usually in March, June, September and December. Contact your local HLF office for more information on deadline and meeting dates
We recommend that you send us a project enquiry form before you apply. Register a project enquiry.
Please find a list below of the worked examples currently available for this programme. We would also recommend that you read the HLF guidance alongside this online resource.
The following are examples of forms submitted to us by successful applicants of past and existing Landscape Partnerships (LP) schemes. They should not, and are not intended to, be used as templates. You should only use them as a guide to help you in the application process and, if your application is successful, in the management of your project.