Parks for People is for projects related to historic parks and cemeteries in the UK. You can apply for a grant from £100,000 to £5million.
You can read more about Parks for People in the application guidance. Your application will have a better chance of success if you read this thoroughly before you apply.
Parks for people projects need to contribute towards the ten outcomes listed below.
Outcomes for heritage:
With our investment, heritage will be:
- better managed
- in better condition
- better interpreted and explained
Outcomes for people:
With our investment, people will have:
- developed skills
- learnt about heritage
- volunteered time.
Outcomes for communities:
With our investment:
- your local area/community will be a better place to live, work or visit
- environmental impacts will be reduced
- more people and a wider range of people will have engaged with heritage.
Parks for People applications go through a two-round process. This is so that you can apply at an early stage of planning your project and get an idea of whether you have a good chance of getting a grant before you send us your proposals in greater detail.
- At the first and second round, we assess your application in three months, and then it goes to the next decision meeting.
- Your development phase can take up to 24 months, depending on the complexity of your project.
We recommend that you send us a project enquiry form before you apply. To do this, register here.
Decisions are made twice a year. You can submit a first-round or second-round application for either meeting. Application forms and all supporting documents need to have been received by HLF no later than the following dates:
- 31 August for a decision in December
- 28 February for a decision in June
In England, the programme is jointly funded by the BIG Lottery Fund (BIG)