Board and committee opportunities
The NHMF/HLF Board consists of a Chair and up to 14 Trustees, appointed by the Prime Minister. They:
- set the strategic and policy framework within which grants are made to support the UK’s heritage
- determines our Corporate Strategy and our annual Business Plan 2018
We anticipate vacancies on our Board in 2019 and are planning for our next Board recruitment campaign. These are public appointments and will appear on the cabinet office website.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.
The role of the committees is to:
- make decisions on grants between £100,000 to £2m
- advise the Board on funding priorities for applications of above £2m
We generally recruit for our committee members on an annual basis. Our next recruitment campaign will be in 2019.
We always aim to encourage a wide range of people to apply:
- a good mix of personalities and skills enables us to better represent the diverse communities that we serve
- our committee members have a passion for and commitment to heritage
- they come from a wide variety of professional backgrounds: ranging from heritage, civil society and the public and private sectors
- HLF welcomes applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people and younger individuals
Want to find out more about being a committee member?
- watch our film on our YouTube channel
- read our interviews with Jenny Cousins, Joff Whitten, Rachel Chiu and former committee chair Maria Adebowale-Schwarte, who has recently been appointed to our our Board of Trustees