Events and workshops in the West Midlands
The first Thursday of each month 10am-1pm
The workshops are a great opportunity to find out about our funding, get tips on how to make a good application and network with other organisations from your area. You will also meet the development team for HLF in the West Midlands who will provide you with free advice and support.
Places are limited; to book a place in advance please tel: 0121 616 6870 or email the development team.
You don’t need a definite project idea to attend - just come along to find out more.
Uncovering hidden stories: Staffordshire in the Great War
Saturday 21 October 10:30am-3:30pm, with registration open from 10am
King Street Studios, 14a King Street, Newcastle Under Lyme, ST5 1EJ
Be inspired by the Staffordshire First World War stories being uncovered and find out about the Heritage Lottery Fund grants still available. This free conference and event includes the chance to:
- Hear from projects who are already exploring Staffordshire’s First World War story
- Find out about organisations and museums that could support your community’s project
- View the latest exhibitions and publications
- Chat through your group’s ideas and get advice on available funding
First World War Discovery Day
Tuesday 14 November 11am-4pm
Heritage Learning Space, Library of Birmingham
In partnership with the First World War Engagement Centres this event will help your group to
- Start planning your first WW1 project or feel inspired to think about your next
- Network with other organisations working on WW1 projects and share information you have found
- Find out how the WW1 Engagement Centres can help your project
- Hear funding and evaluation hints and tips from the experts
Free with lunch provided and reasonable travel expenses covered. To secure your group’s place please email email@example.com
First World War project advice sessions
Tuesday 5 December 4-6pm
Heritage Learning Room on floor four of the Library of Birmingham
The Voices of War and Peace Engagement Centre will be hosting advice sessions at the Library of Birmingham for groups looking to apply for an HLF grant. The sessions can cover anything you need help with, from sources of historic information to developing a budget. If you want to book a slot please contact Nicola Gauld or tel: 0121 464 3209.