So you're interested in taking part in The National Lottery 'thank you' campaign? Great! Here's what to do next, in 10 easy steps.
- Firstly, decide what you can offer, when you want to offer it, and to whom.
- Have a look at the FAQs we've posted in the Online Community, and ask us any questions we might have missed.
- Register your intention to take part and download the toolkit.
- Let everyone know you're taking part through your website and social media (our downloadable toolkit includes assets to help with this).
- You must have a set of Terms and Conditions in place in order to take part in the 'thank you' campaign, and provide us with a link to them published on your website. There is more in the FAQs about this.
- Use the template press release in the toolkit to let local media know about your free offer.
- Join in our Online Community live chat on Thursday 12 October to hear from visitor attractions who've already run successful free offer promotions, and ask them any question you might have.
- Keep an eye on HLF and The National Lottery’s social media channels, where we’ll share promotion of the campaign, which you in turn can share with your friends and followers.
- From late November, share links on your website and social media channels to our interactive map of participating heritage attractions (we’ll let you know when we publish this).
- Between 11-17 December, run a great free offer! And make sure you take lots of photos and post them on social media using #ThanksToYou, and encourage visitors to do the same. (We'll send you a feedback form after 17 December to find out how your offer went.)