Our corporate strategy 2018-2021
Our Corporate Strategy sets out a new vision and role for HLF which has been widely endorsed by stakeholders in recent consultation. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we develop the vision that will guide and inspire our activities over the coming years.
Our vision and role
Inspiring, leading and resourcing the UK’s heritage to create positive and lasting change for people and communities, now and in the future.
We are inspiring and leading by:
- Building strategic partnerships and collaborations
- Inspiring and supporting innovation
- Championing the capacity and resilience of the heritage sector
- Advocating for the value of heritage to society
- Sharing learning and best practice
We are resourcing the UK’s heritage by:
- Launching a new National Lottery Strategic Funding Framework
- Continuing UK-wide grant making
- Making our money go further through loans and social investments
- Developing skills and the diversity of the sector
- New business development: Drawing in new sources of funding, alongside National Lottery and Memorial Fund grants.
- Making changes to our grant making during the financial year 2018-19.
Achieving positive and lasting change
Through our leadership, support and investment, heritage across the UK’s nations and regions will be more valued, inclusive, resilient, enterprising, and in better condition. This will help heritage to contribute more to the economy and become more connected in local communities and places.