Buildings and monuments
At HLF we support projects that give a new lease of life to historic buildings. Our funding has helped to repair buildings as varied as London’s Brockwell Park lido and the last surviving court of back-to-back housing in Birmingham.
Conserving historic buildings can kickstart regeneration too. Transforming local landmarks from Belfast’s St George’s Market to the De La Warr Pavilion in East Sussex has drawn in more visitors to these special places and created hundreds of jobs.
We have also invested in places of worship which are among the UK’s oldest and most cherished historic buildings, helping congregations to conserve and make them more accessible for the whole community.
What you could do with our funding:
“Historic buildings are like a barometer of the health of a place.” Jess Steele, Innovation Director, Locality
- repair and transform a historic building at the heart of your community
- give a historic place of worship a new lease of life
- help volunteers try their hand at building conservation
- take a historic building off a Buildings at Risk register
- regenerate a historic town centre
- look after and learn from a local war memorial