Industrial, maritime and transport
All of these and more are part of our proud industrial heritage. From giving Richmond train station in Yorkshire a new use to restoring the ss Great Britain, our funding celebrates the innovative buildings, transport and technology that helped to shape the modern world.
We want to help more groups and organisations to conserve their local industrial heritage and pass on to younger generations the skills to look after it.
What you could achieve with our funding:
“The project has provided a wonderful insight into the Kent coalfield and given us pride in our heritage.”Mark Frost, Kent Coalfield project
- uncover and record people’s memories of our industrial past
- give disused railway stations a new lease of life
- restore and maintain operating machinery
- reveal the history of the textile and mining industries
- explore canals
- provide staffed visitor facilities and learning resources
- help young people learn how to repair a historic boat